Near Southeast DC: Past News Items
Go to Full Blog Archive
1 Blog Posts Since 2003
Retail, Restaurant, and Recreation News (New and Old)
Feb 11, 2013 11:40 AM
A hail of bullets on various retail, restaurant, and recreation-type items, some of which are relatively new, but some of which decidedly aren't:
* The boxing and fitness club DCBFIT
opened last week in the ground floor of Capitol Hill Tower
, at the corner of New Jersey and L SE. While their web site makes me tired and sore just looking at it, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will find this offering intriguing.
* Gordon Biersch, coming soon
to 1st and M, has "Now Hiring" signs up
: go to Work4GB.com
* Also hiring, according to commenter JT who passed along the Craigslist link
, is the Park Tavern at Canal Park
. The Hill is Home says that it's opening "very soon,"
even saying "around the 20th of February," but We Shall See.
* Nando's Peri-Peri now has signage up
at the Boilermaker Shops
--it's a little more than halfway down Tingey between 3rd and 4th, closer to the Bluejacket end of the building. It's supposed to be opening this spring
* The Navy Yard portion of the Riverwalk
was supposed to reopen today--anyone give it a shot yet? And, if so, is there any actual trail once you go out the east gate? As I showed a couple of weeks ago, the old asphalt had been ripped up
as part of the 11th Street Bridges work, though of course it will be back at some point.
* Maybe now is finally a good time to mention the opening of petcare store Wagtime Too
at 900 M Street, where it has been for a number of weeks now, offering boarding, daycare, grooming and "cool stuff." And I actually have taken a photo of it
* Apparently the Quizno's at 8th and Potomac closed permanently back in December. And Chicken Tortilla at 8th and L was closed when I walked by a few weeks ago, though I don't know the story on that.
, Boilermaker Shops/Yards
, Canal Park
, Capitol Hill Tower
, dcbfit, Restaurants/Nightlife
, The Yards