The northwest corner of Half and L in August 2006, as the old Nation nightclub awaited the wrecking ball. An office building was originally proposed for this location by Potomac Investment Properties, but the site and the plans were bought in July 2007 by Opus East for $41.5 million. (08/06)
January 31, 2015
- 1015 Half Street, completed in early 2011, with 410,000 sq ft of office space. Construction began in early 2008, but stopped in May 2009, and in July Opus East filed for Chapter 7 liquidation, and work halted on 1015 Half. The next month, the Douglas Wilson Companies was named receiver for the property, and construction finally resumed in April 2010, with construction being completed in spring 2011.
Looking at the southwest corner of Half and K, which is the northeast corner of the 1015 Half site. This was the main entrance to Nation. (08/05)
April 30, 2011
- The same location, with construction close to completed. 20 M Street
is one block to the south, and you can also see Nationals Park
in the distance (it's much more prominent in person).
Oct. 19, 2014
- In October 2014, a ticker was installed along the building's L Street facade, where CBS Radio will have a performance studio (in addition to their main offices on the 2nd floor.)
Oct. 19, 2014
- Sneaking a peek into the CBS Studio space, using a couple of bodies to shield the sun's reflection in the window.
Inside 1015 Half's lobby, looking out onto Half Street toward L Street. (1/12/12)
Another view of the lobby, festooned for the Capitol Riverfront BID's 2012 annual meeting. (1/12/12)
The currently unoccupied 10th floor. (1/12/12)
Big corner windows on the 10th floor, with views of the 70/100 I
and 909 New Jersey
apartment buildings. (1/12/12)
One portion of the Nation building--the smaller black building at left--was demolished sometime in 2005. (11/04)
October 19, 2014
- The same location, long finished and soon home to CBS Radio. Velocity Condos
has popped up one block to the east.
The view northward from 1015 Half's 10th floor. (1/12/12)
Looking down South Capitol Street from the SE Freeway in November 2005. (11/05)
The same location, with 1015 Half now completed at center. The ballpark is visible at right.
The Nation site's proximity to the US Capitol is obvious when you
look down on it from the top of 20 M Street
.... And looking at the same spot 13 months later, with Nation (and its neighbors to the right) demolished, and excavation underway. (5/6/08)
1015 Half's excavation (center), as seen from the roof of 70 I Street
. 20 M
is one block behind it, and the ballpark is visible down Half Street. (6/28/08)
The Nation lot was also home to the DC Foreign Car repair shop. (12/06)
The distinctive paint job on the north side of the old warehouse made Nation easy to spot, even from as far away as the Southeast Freeway. (02/06)