Factory 202 (the splashy new name for what's been known as the Gun Assembly Building or Broadside Mount Shop or Building 202) was originally built in 1941. Initial plans called for it to be co-developed by Forest City and PN Hoffman as a 271-unit condo building, with two floors added on top. (3/07)
Two views of what the renovations of Factory 202 may look like, specifically showing the two floors added to the roof and the glass-enclosed atrium inside the building.
The eastern side of Building 202 finally came into view from M Street east of Fifth in summer 2008, when a hole was punched in the historic brick wall to make way for the eventual 5 1/2 Street, SE. Building 74, at left will eventually be redeveloped into townhouses. (8/24/08)
Building 202, facing M Street. (10/03)
Although the Federal Protective Services has now moved out of Building 202, some evidence remains. (10/29/08)
A closeup of the northeast corner of the building, just inside the M Street brick wall. (10/29/08)
Building 202 (right) as seen from the roof of the old Capper Seniors building just before it was demolished. (11/1/07)