March 17, 2019
- The northeast corner of South Capitol and N Streets, where 1221 Van opened to tenants in early 2018. Note the large retail spaces on the first two floors. The ground-floor corner space here at South Capitol and N is to be occupied by Walters Sports Bar
, while Mission has the red awning'ed portions of the second floor. Also now open is District Dogs.
Feb. 5, 2018 - The northern view of 1221 Van, as seen from South Capitol south of M Street, with Parking Garage B of Nats Park in the background.
Feb. 5, 2018 - The residential entrance.
March 17, 2019
- The building's newest retail tenant.
Jan. 6, 2019 - Intentions declared.
Sept. 29, 2018 - Zooming in to Mission's frontage, on two floors.
July 8, 2018
- Looking out from Nats Park to see 1221 Van (at far left), along with its sibling West Half
(left center) and eventually 1250 Half
;July 14, 2018
- The large second-floor bar of Mexican restaurant Mission
, which opened in July 2018.
July 14, 2018 - Mission's upstairs seating area.
;July 14, 2018 - Mission's back bar on the 2nd floor.
The northwest corner of Van and N, in early 2007, the same as the above-left rendering. (2/11/07)
September 29, 2018
- The same view, showing how the first two floors are designed for high-ceilinged retail.
Oct. 21, 2007 - The northeast corner of South Capitol and N as it looked for a number of years, with the BP Amoco station in its final weeks of operation. Note the familiar white-domed building in the distance at left.
July 9, 2006 - The BP gas station operated until late 2007. This image from the summer of 2006 also shows the Monument Realty branding of the site. (7/9/06)
December 29, 2006 - This odd little building stood along South Capitol Street, on the northwest edge of what is now the 1244 South Capitol footprint, until January 2007. If you look closely you can see initial Nationals Park construction in the distance at far right.