I made the trek down to the ballpark today to update my Exterior Photo Gallery
(it makes me a bit wistful to think that I might not be doing this too many more times!). This is not a complete update (let the
be your guide); with the morning sunlight, I stuck mainly to the southern and eastern sides of the stadium, though I did also get some shots of the work being done at the Center Field Gate at Half and N, including the bitchin' Team Store sign
that's now hung on the corner of the western parking garage. Other items worth noting:
* The southern parking lot is now blacktopped, and blue fences now separate it from Potomac Avenue.
* The Walk of Fame from the Potomac/South Capitol intersection up to the Home Plate Gate is moving along.
* The Grand Staircase now has lamps and handrails.
* The stadium's address has now been hung (1500 South Capitol Street, SE)--except that it was hung on the entrance to the loading dock on First Street south of N.
* Some workers were picking up trash along Potomac Avenue.
* They're still not letting "civilians" onto First Street, Potomac Avenue, or N Street. So if you want to do a drive-by (as a bunch of people were attempting to do this morning), you're going to get turned back at First and N.
If you want a more complete batch of before-and-afters, check out the First
, and N Street
Tomorrow I'll be posting new photos of all the other activity near the ballpark, including the paving of one lane of I Street (yay!) and the near-completion of First Street's widening and repaving (yay!). And of course the latest views of Onyx
, 100 M
, 70 I
, and Velocity