Recent Comments

Southeast Blvd. ('15)
11th St. Bridges ('15)
Parc Riverside ('14)
Twelve12/Yards ('14)
Lumber Shed ('13)
Boilermaker Shops ('13)
Camden South Capitol ('13)
Canal Park ('12)
Capitol Quarter ('12)
225 Virginia/200 I ('12)
Foundry Lofts ('12)
1015 Half Street ('10)
Yards Park ('10)
Velocity Condos ('09)
Teague Park ('09)
909 New Jersey Ave. ('09)
55 M ('09)
100 M ('08)
Onyx ('08)
70/100 I ('08)
Nationals Park ('08)
Seniors Bldg Demo ('07)
400 M ('07)
Douglass Bridge Fix ('07)
US DOT HQ ('07)
20 M ('07)
Capper Seniors 1 ('06)
Capitol Hill Tower ('06)
Courtyard/Marriott ('06)
Marine Barracks ('04)

202_cyclist commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/25/17 9:28 PM
@jdc-- yes, looking south from So. Capitol Street, 1221 Van appears to be huge. Perhaps it is because there is nothing in the immediate area now.

jdc commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/25/17 8:31 PM
As a 1015 Half street office resident, I am especially interested in whatever comes to One Tree Hill South.

jdc commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/25/17 8:29 PM
Maybe it's just me, but for how big the stadium is it seems to be dwarfed by 1221 Van. I assume it's no higher than any other buildings in the area, but from Half street Metro entrance it seems to tower over everything.

2/25/17 1:32 PM
It's just outside of the JD Land boundaries but, unfortunately, there was another shooting this afternoon at the liquor store on So. Capitol St.

link

malatesta commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/25/17 9:57 AM
Update in re the bad smell at the nj & I intersection: a DC water truck has several manholes open in front of park Chelsea and is doing something or other with some kind of roto-rooter looking thing.

This update brought to you by someone who doesn't understand sewer infrastructure.

2/24/17 8:30 PM
There's a construction trailer now at the lot across from Il Parco.

NavyYahd commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 2:56 PM
I had heard a certain cycling studio that may be owned by a subsidiary of Related Companies

JD commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 2:09 PM
The one I know of is nowhere near that exciting. :)

SWag commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 2:07 PM
a grocer to One Hill South? I remember reading that awhile back - or perhaps I'm making that up

JD commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 1:21 PM
I have heard of one non-food tenant coming to One Hill South, though not sure I can spill the beans.

And a year ago I had heard a rumor of an Italian restaurant for Insignia, but not sure if that's happening.

JES commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 1:09 PM
Insignia also has a ton of retail space that hasn't been announced yet. Only thing confirmed there is Bethesda Bagels, and they're in what looks like a tiny retail bay. I wonder what'll snag that prime corner spot right next to the metro entrance...

2/24/17 11:34 AM
Any idea what may be coming to the retail for One Hill South? They seem to have a lot of space.

SWag commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 11:20 AM
this building has a ton of retail bays. that's 5 and I feel like there are 2 more on water st...

snakegriffin commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/24/17 9:49 AM
Ah, yeah I forgot Steadfast Supply wasn't a permanent thing. That makes much more sense.

JD commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 9:22 AM
I have confirmed what I guessed in the post above, that it will be in the corner space at 4th and Tingey.

RMP commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/24/17 9:20 AM
@snakegriffin I don't think the sidewalk on Water Street is wide enough to support outdoor seating? For comparison, Philz has about 24 seats outside if I counted correctly.

RMP commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/24/17 7:59 AM
I'm guessing this is going into the old Steadfast Supply space? 32 outdoor seats seems about what would fit on Tingey. I can't imagine that many outdoor seats fitting on the Water St side.

conngs0 commenting on A Sit-Down Restaurant for Arris: Chloe Coming in Fall 2017
2/23/17 11:04 PM
Sweet! Thanks for sharing the news! Can't say that I've ever had Lebanese food before but I can't wait to try it out!

BLT commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/23/17 6:19 PM
So is 2 Eye officially under construction since they have started pile-driving? I thought this project was still off in the distance.

2/23/17 6:18 PM
Per the Cap Riverfront BID newsletter, Chloe restaurant coming to Arris. Doesn't say exactly where, but I think the only spot big enough for a 32-seat patio would be the Water Street side, no?

JD commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/23/17 1:51 PM
Hmmm, let me see, which has more impact on and interest of the populace at large: soil borings, or the impending opening of Shake Shack?

You are as always free to frequent other locales should the content here cease to meet your standards.

202_cyclist commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/23/17 1:47 PM
But several posts about Shake Shack signs are okay?

2/23/17 1:31 PM
Not to the exclusion of lots of other reasons.

So, let's kind of settle down on the breathless borings updates.

conngs0 commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/23/17 1:29 PM
But don't soil borings mean that tower cranes are nigh?!

2/23/17 10:34 AM
I think soil boring updates are not all that necessary. We know the site changed hands, we know that the new owners are planning a different development, so there's going to be borings. It isn't really that important, and has no real bearings on a construction timeline....

2/23/17 10:32 AM
Congressional Square update:

The soil testing machine was back on this property this morning and this time was on the other side of the lot (i.e. across from the One Hill South building).

jdc commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/23/17 10:05 AM
Shake Shack has a similar sign facing M street.

2/22/17 7:09 PM
The lot at 3rd and L St, across from Il Parco, now has Bozzuto signs along the perimeter.

2/22/17 1:56 PM
A reader on Twitter provided the Shake Shack evidence.

2/22/17 12:21 PM
I am surprised that the signage is going up now. Usually that is the last, or one of the last, things to happen. Sometimes it even happens once a place has had its soft opening. Though, I wonder if putting the signage up early is a nice way to get everyone excited for what comes next. It works for me!

2/22/17 11:11 AM
Shake Shack signage is going up today!

Ampersand commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/22/17 10:30 AM
I was returning home at 11:15 last night and came across quite a strange sight in Canal Park: A car parked next to the metal coil sculpture at the north end of the park. It had also hit a sapling and knocked it askew. There was a police car idling on the street next to it, but I didn't see any other related activity, and the car was gone this morning. Very weird, though. I don't know how someone could get there without purposefully trying to.

Also, yes it had MD plates. Just for fun I looked the plate number up in the DC ticketing system and sure enough the car has $640 of unpaid speeding tickets. Seems like a nice, responsible driver.

2/21/17 1:21 PM
They paved over that little Alleyway between the empty parcel on 1st Street and the auto repair business. They put in concrete and they did a nice job so it looks like this is going to be semi-permanent and not just for construction. Also does anyone know what is up with Ann's Beauty Supply & wigs? Is the business still running? It looks like it may finally have gone out of business.

BEP commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/21/17 11:57 AM
Oops...Sorry...I read it wrong... :-(

2/21/17 11:45 AM
Heard through the grapevine that DCRA moved the building permit data to a new server, and there is some bureaucratic paperwork that needs to happen before it's re-linked to the open data portal.

2/21/17 10:38 AM
And there is pile-driving at the McDonalds lot, so if you ever find yourself having a hang-over, good luck with that.

kalicki commenting on Restaurant News: Declaration to F1rst; Cava Grill to 50 M; Bardo Latest
2/21/17 10:08 AM
They started breaking the concrete at the Fairgrounds lot today, finally.

2/20/17 7:36 PM
There is a piece of construction equipment, maybe a soil testing machine, on the Congressional Square lot.

JDLand Comments RSS Feed