Recent Comments

Nat'l Community Church
Factory 202/Yards
SC1100
Completed
Thompson Hotel ('20)
West Half ('19)
Novel South Capitol ('19)
Yards/Guild Apts. ('19)
Capper/The Harlow ('19)
New DC Water HQ ('19)
Yards/Bower Condos ('19)
Virginia Ave. Tunnel ('19)
99 M ('18)
225 Virginia/200 I ('12)
Foundry Lofts ('12)
1015 Half Street ('10)
Yards Park ('10)
Velocity Condos ('09)
Teague Park ('09)
909 New Jersey Ave. ('09)
55 M ('09)
100 M ('08)
Onyx ('08)
70/100 I ('08)
Nationals Park ('08)
Seniors Bldg Demo ('07)
400 M ('07)
Douglass Bridge Fix ('07)
US DOT HQ ('07)
20 M ('07)
Capper Seniors 1 ('06)
Capitol Hill Tower ('06)
Courtyard/Marriott ('06)
Marine Barracks ('04)

dcgent commenting on Albi Opening This Week, Five of the Very Best, and Square Pizza
2/20/20 4:06 PM
UrbanTurf looks at what's coming housing wise for the area link

Shogungts commenting on Albi Opening This Week, Five of the Very Best, and Square Pizza
2/19/20 11:40 PM
@Jason - not sure if that is the plan, but it would be nice. I went by there this weekend and it is completely torn up; they have plenty of work to do prior to opening day.

(oops, image URL included with this comment didn't work!)

Jason commenting on Albi Opening This Week, Five of the Very Best, and Square Pizza
2/19/20 11:36 AM
Any news on Half Street between M and N? I've heard that it's being turned into a pedestrian only thoroughfare, which makes sense to me.

202_cyclist commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/19/20 11:25 AM
When parking is further reduced, people can take metro to one of the two stations that are a ten minute walk to our neighborhood, they can take one of the multiple bus routes that serve the neighborhood, bike/walk/scoot to the neighborhood, or car-pool.

With that said, as construction finishes up at buildings such as Parc Riverside (jajaja-- construction is never going to finish there) more curbside parking will be added.

walt commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/19/20 10:54 AM
I also want to comment that I greatly prefer when a new street is named 1 1/2 street instead of just using the same number and changing the "Street" to "Place". the people on 3rd Street and 3rd Place have their mail mixed up ALL THE TIME.

2/19/20 10:51 AM
Any guesses as to what will happen when parking is further reduced in the neighborhood? Will it be harder to get people to work here? Will there be more road rage incidents?

willinrm commenting on Albi Opening This Week, Five of the Very Best, and Square Pizza
2/19/20 10:33 AM
The Washingtonian rankings.... well 1st off Dabney has to be paying them off 2 years in a row ranked 1 and 2?! They are good but like top 20-25 good ... i feel like the paper does a decent job at picking good restaurants but then puts all 100 names in a hat to rank them. I would be curious to see if places can pay to have their rank increased.... Little inn at washington is 11? Pineapple and Pearls, arguably the best imho is at 9? Mini bar is 16!?!?! Phhhheww gunna have to walk over this rage.... *rant over*

CJBabyDaddy commenting on Albi Opening This Week, Five of the Very Best, and Square Pizza
2/18/20 7:25 PM
I’m still salty about the Cap Riv BID press release last year that placed Albi “at the corner of 4th & Tingey” and “in the Guild apartment building,“ when the Bower is at that corner, and the Guild is down the street. Makes me wonder what location a half-block away from 4th & Tingey the BID‘s press release is gonna assign to the Unnamed Pizza Place Coming To The Corner Of 4th & Tingey when UPPCTTCO4&T decides it’s ready to be outed.

All that aside, I’m ready to get my grub on at Albi on the 20th.

CJBabyDaddy commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/17/20 10:26 PM
So, when construction of the Parcel I “skybridge” apartment building gets to the point where it blocks our view of where we all thought our neighborhood cineplex was going to open in 2018, will that have any impact on the number of times per month that 202cyclist triggers our neighborhood cineplex PTSD by asking JD for a neighborhood cineplex update?

Jscott280 commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/15/20 10:28 AM
Spoke with a parking lot attendant at Parcel I after I saw all monthly parking would stop at the end of feb. he mentioned that the parking lot would shrink by 2/3 with construction starting in the next 2 months in an apartment complex. The new entrance to the reduced parking area will be on N place instead of N street.

AUshutterbug commenting on Anchovy Social Opens Thursday, For All Your Rooftop Seafood Bar Needs
2/14/20 9:09 AM
@Sasq thanks! We are anxious too. The "flood" happened 3 days before the first move-ins so I know they had to put some people in the hotel. They offered to do the same for us because we were supposed to move in the following week, but luckily we own our current place so are able to stay here while we wait. I am also anxious to get moved though! I love the neighborhood and can't wait to be back.

Sasq commenting on Anchovy Social Opens Thursday, For All Your Rooftop Seafood Bar Needs
2/14/20 5:50 AM
@Aushutterbug I went to Maialiano Mare last Friday. When I told a server that I'd be moving to the neighborhood soon. She asked if I was in the Estate. After telling her no, she stated that there was a flooding in the Estate building and that the first residents that moved in, where now staying at the Thompson Hotel temporarily.

Hope they get it fixed soon. I can't speak for anyone else moving to the area, but I'm anxious to get settled!

2/13/20 4:18 PM
Anyone want to do some undercover sleuthing for me? Our move in to Estate got pushed back from the first week of February to April. They said there was a pipe burst that knocked out the power and all the life safety systems in the building and that it will take over a month to repair. Their website and social still shows that they're doing tours so I'm really curious if something did happen, or if they're just behind schedule and didn't want people yelling at them.

2/13/20 3:30 PM
Why no love for Burlington?

(oops, image URL included with this comment didn't work!)

2/13/20 1:38 PM
This is fantastic. I haven’t been to either El Rey or American Ice Company in a few years but both are great. The Hilton brothers can do no wrong.

link

JES commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/13/20 10:14 AM
Regarding the 49L lot JD, at a Velocity social event last night, it was mentioned that the 80M developer might be renting it (or at least part of it) for construction staging for their "pop up" expansion.

willinrm commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/12/20 10:26 AM
@JD it is also posted on the top of albi's website now, you can make a reservation for the 20th for dinner.

2/12/20 6:52 AM
malatesta— and for an added bonus, you can take a side trip to Windsor, Canada, eh!

malatesta commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/11/20 7:24 PM
You can buy a round trip flight to Detroit, take an Uber to literally any restaurant in Dearborn and eat just a bunch of shwarma and toum.

Or for the same price you can go to Albi.

2/11/20 11:57 AM
The rooftop renderings for the Bozzuto building are funny. All the men have long sleeve shirts or light jackets, while the women are dressed in bathing suits. I can see one dude in swim trunks and he looks as if he's about to fall over the side of the building!

JD commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/11/20 9:16 AM
Albi opening Feb. 20, according to City Paper, which has a preview: link There will also be a daytime coffee offering named "Yellow" coming in spring in between Albi and the adjacent wine bar Maxwell Park, which is supposed to open before spring.

jdc commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/11/20 9:06 AM
Hill Spirits seems to be at a standstill. After quite a bit of progress, I have not noticed anything changed the last two weeks.

VelocityChris commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/9/20 1:40 PM
Uggg, so that confirms nothing imminent for construction at 49L, I really want a building to go up there soon and complete that block!

Double ugggg on Parc Riverside!

2/8/20 11:10 PM
The tower crane is up for the Chenomics headquarters!

bdj commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/6/20 10:35 PM
@jdc maybe Parc Riverside will finish construction before they hit the 3 year mark.... one can hope. Meridian started a full year after, and still beat them to finishing

@JD they had it striped all of last year during the season. I was surprised they didn't even open up the lot during the WS run.

2/6/20 8:47 AM
I saw this at the fenced parking lot-that-isn't on the old warehouse site at 49 L. I wonder if the lot is about to be the replacement for Nats Lot K (since this site is now owned by the Lerners). It's not shown yet on the ofifical Nats Parking Lot page.

sharksfansd commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/4/20 10:44 PM
@ValveetaChz, right there with you. I think I have only had one visit (out of many) at Las Placitas where they had pupusas available.

2/4/20 2:49 PM
As a walker, I am happy the sidewalks around Meridian are now open and I am THRILLED the sidewalks around Parc phase 2 are being installed.

2/4/20 2:11 PM
I'll snap and pass along a bird's eye shot when I have a moment.

2/4/20 2:01 PM
Photo of the chiller site as of yesterday, per jdc's comment.

2/4/20 1:26 PM
Aren't these renders already quite old? I seem to recall seeing them in the fall, or late summer.

ValveetaChz commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/4/20 11:14 AM
Las Placitas needs to close...they NEVER have any pupusas! A Salvadoran restaurant without pupusas is like a Mexican restaurant without tacos!

tw81 commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/4/20 10:07 AM
Crossing DC details on Bozzuto's website (with rendering!):

link

2/4/20 9:55 AM
Construction fencing and initial staging, including a trailer, onsite at Metro chiller site.

monkeyrotica commenting on Retail Roundup: Dryy Opening Today, Hill Spirits Coming Soon, More
2/4/20 8:05 AM
Don't sleep on their braised beef torta. One of the best sandwiches in the neighborhood.

2/4/20 7:29 AM
@bdj: No truer words have been written.

JDLand Comments RSS Feed