Recent Comments

JDLand.com's Official Unofficial Guide, Updated for 2018!
In the Pipeline
225 Virginia/200 I ('12)
Foundry Lofts ('12)
1015 Half Street ('10)
Yards Park ('10)
Velocity Condos ('09)
Teague Park ('09)
909 New Jersey Ave. ('09)
55 M ('09)
100 M ('08)
Onyx ('08)
70/100 I ('08)
Nationals Park ('08)
Seniors Bldg Demo ('07)
400 M ('07)
Douglass Bridge Fix ('07)
US DOT HQ ('07)
20 M ('07)
Capper Seniors 1 ('06)
Capitol Hill Tower ('06)
Courtyard/Marriott ('06)
Marine Barracks ('04)

JD commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/26/18 11:17 PM
Post article on the Virginia Avenue Tunnel and reports by frontline residents of increased vibrations: link

202_cyclist commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/24/18 1:58 PM
Also, that photo in the WBJ article explains what the helicopters are doing flying so low over our apartment. Good to know I am not paranoid!

link

202_cyclist commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/24/18 1:55 PM
JD-- regarding the link that you Tweeted about, more housing is always welcome but I can't imagine living right next to the railroad tracks and I-395. I thought these buildings would be office and/or hotels.

link

JES commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/24/18 1:16 PM
Looks like Circa is still coming, but Open Road is no more. From reading this, it sounds like they're gonna launch another concept in that space instead: link

UpEarly commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/24/18 8:28 AM
The CSX land behind ORE 82 is under contract to Greystar (national apartment developer). 1M SF of development capacity, according to the listing - 1,000+ units.

link

JD commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/24/18 8:25 AM
Greystar is under contract to buy the huge CSX parcel that runs west from New Jersey Ave. behind the 70 and 100 I Street bldgs, just south of the freeway. Bisnow piece with graphic of location: link

Should be more residential.

JD commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/23/18 5:40 PM
In case you see it elsewhere like it's new, the news of Bluestone Lane coming to 99 M was first reported in April: link An official press release went out today, though.

jdc commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/23/18 11:52 AM
So after Barre3, that seems to leave just 1 bay in that building empty. Based on the trend, it's either going to be delicious food or exercise-based business.

malarsk commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/23/18 10:59 AM
The Whole Foods sign is at least up! There's a little action inside the store but not much.

(oops, image URL included with this comment didn't work!)

snakegriffin commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/23/18 8:50 AM
I must have missed it - does anyone know what's going in at F1rst between Solidcore and Declaration? They're definitely framing out that stall.

JD commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/22/18 10:10 PM
@202, you asked in the last thread about a new date for the Happy Hour, and I haven't come up with one yet. Gunning for June, though.

202_cyclist commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/22/18 12:07 PM
It's no Whole Foods opening but the Navy Yard has some new residents.

link

VictorBravo1111 commenting on Weekly Open Thread and Tidbit Catcher
5/21/18 10:22 PM
Peet's Coffee at 1111 New Jersey Ave wants to have sidewalk seating. "An application to occupy public space for sidewalk cafe is one file...". Date of hearing is May 24th. link

GarfieldPark commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/21/18 5:58 PM
(Also) Speaking of Eastern Market, did ya'll see a Sephora will be opening on the corner there? My wife is a happy camper. "Summer" 2018.

202_cyclist commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/21/18 3:31 PM
Speaking of pub crawl, when is the famous JD Land happy hour rescheduled to?

Westnorth commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/21/18 2:36 PM
June 24 is the start date for the revised SE/SW Circulator: Eastern Market - Navy Yard JDLand Cap Riv - Waterfront Station - Wharf - L'Enfant Plaza.

I plan to observe the occasion with a pub crawl!

5/20/18 4:05 PM
So it is referring to the Caps? They’re colluding with Tampa?

JD commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/20/18 3:41 PM
Twitter says it's "collusion." And those are Ovechkin and Kuznetsov's numbers.

5/20/18 3:38 PM
There is a sign at the top of the F1rst building, “8 + 92 = CROBOP” (In Cyrillic). I have a good guess what this is referring to but can anyone confirm? This reminds me of the good ol’ sign wars last year at the Camden South building.

jdc commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/20/18 3:10 PM
Speaking of Half Street improvements, within the last few weeks additional light poles were being installed on the sidewalk that fronts the Metro entrance. NO actual repair to that disaster of a temporary sidewalk, though.

5/19/18 5:29 PM
There was a big debate a while ago on this site about whether exterior work for the Half Street project would begin before the All Star game. The windows have been installed on the first floor.

VelocityChris commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/19/18 12:58 PM
JD-yes, there are signs in the window and I received a paper in the mail. Closing in August I think (branch AND ATM!), I'll take a pic next time I walk by and post if someone else doesn't first.

Also JD-you've still got that scoop bug apparently, I just got home from a run to HT and walking past Wiseguy noticed the door propped open and sounds of a skilsaw in there but you beat me to it! :)

5/19/18 11:45 AM
Construction permit issued for Wiseguy Pizza:
202 M ST SE
PERMIT ISSUED 05/18/2018
NA / ALTERATION AND REPAIR / CONSTRUCTION
EXISTING PIZZA RESTAURANT - NEW OWNER, NEW EQUIPMENT + NEW GELATO & COFFEE SERVICE. MINOR HVAC, PLUMBING & ELECTRIC

5/19/18 11:40 AM
Chris--is there a sign in the window? Some other type of notification? Take of photo of it?

5/19/18 9:35 AM
I'm really annoyed and disappointed the Navy Yard Wells Fargo is closing!

dude commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/18/18 6:47 PM
Had Oath Pizza last night for the first time and really liked it. Staff was friendly too which isn’t always the case in DC.

5/18/18 1:03 PM
The latest Virginia Avenue Tunnel "Coffee with Chuck" presentation has some nice photos of the progress and timelines for the rest of the cross-street closures and reopenings along with dates for the restoration of Virginia Avenue itself: link
#vaavetunnel

Ampersand commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/18/18 10:04 AM
Probably old news, but I biked up the newly reopened 5th St a couple of days ago. It's not great, but cars can get through again. I'm hoping 4th comes back soon!

5/17/18 5:18 PM
Wow, the Park connector, that brings back some memories. From 2007: link and link

Mark commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/17/18 4:40 PM
Charles Allen's Office (@CMCharlesAllen) tweeted "2019 budget includes funding for... a connector between Canal Park and Garfield Park..."

What is the connector between Canal Park and Garfield Park? Resurrecting the underpass skate park and graffiti gallery, once CSX is done with construction?

5/17/18 9:45 AM
A Post article on affordable housing in the District says that the Parcel L project in the Yards is going to be called The Estate, and that 53 of its 264 apartments will be for tenants earning 50 or less of AMI: link Parcel L project page: link
#yardsparcell #yards #development

CJBabyDaddy commenting on Postponing the Happy Hour, But Unveiling 'Tidbits to Tide You Over'
5/17/18 12:08 AM
OMG, JD‘s got a bad side? Why wasn‘t I warned? Just the thought of it makes me want to re-read the new guidelines and find a way to behave.

5/16/18 9:27 PM
I will also have to start thinking about whether to build a notification system for when tidbits get elevated, for the crazies who really want to know everything immediately.

Lots of possibilities. This is the creativity I get when I'm not feeling like a failure.

5/16/18 9:15 PM
Another M Street move happening, but a lot less exciting: WBJ says that Unity Health Care is leaving Maritime Plaza at 12th and M SE and taking 27,000 square feet at 1100 New Jersey (the CVS building at New Jersey and M). link
#office #1100nj

5/16/18 5:53 PM
That's right-- I never received my JD Land t-shirt...

5/16/18 4:55 PM
@202: Re: trust, I guess We Shall See!

I was considering offering a coveted JDLand t-shirt to the commenter who has gotten the most tidbits elevated at the end of the year, but I then realized it would begin an arms race.

5/16/18 4:32 PM
Have I earned the JD Land level of trust?

Tonight's Nats - Yankees game is also cancelled. Rain, rain, go away! In all seriousness, I ran by the waterfront this morning. Due South Dockside and Osteria's outdoor venue are going to have to worry about flooding if this rain persists until Friday/Saturday.

5/16/18 4:24 PM
And when I say "keep it short and sweet," I mean, don't suddenly decide you need to write like a reporter. The way y'all have been doing it up to now is just fine. Don't go changing to try and please me.

JD commenting on District Department of Transportation Looking to Move to 250 M
5/16/18 3:23 PM
I'm a little concerned about the forecast for Thursday and the chosen happy hour venue. I assume the Brig has taken down its winter fortress? Do we need to relocate?

Or maybe call a rain date, because I really do want it at the Brig. And I'm not sure people are going to be too hep to go over there through bleech weather.

JDLand Comments RSS Feed