I passed along word a few days ago about the Dec. 18 Connect Barracks Row information meeting
, and now there's three other events scheduled for mid-month. So get your holiday shopping out of the way to clear calendar space:
* On Dec. 17 at 6:30 pm
the Anacostia Community Boathouse Association is having its annual Boathouse Lighting and Community Awards Ceremony
. City Administrator Dan Tangherlini will be honored, and then will flip the switch to illuminate the boathouse's holiday lights. The boathouse is at 1115 O Street, SE (between the spans of the 11th Street Bridges).
* The Capitol Riverfront BID is having its Annual Meeting
and "State of the Capitol Riverfront"
at 11:30 am on Dec. 18
; I'm going to attend mainly so I can get my first peek inside 100 M Street
, which will be hosting the luncheon.
The owners of the series of lots along Potomac Avenue between Eighth and Ninth have announced a Sealed Bid Sale
for the properties, with a due date of March 15, 2009. The offering
, which includes the building at Eighth and Potomac
where the Quizno's is located, the boarded-up brown apartment building
at Ninth and Potomac, and all the land in between (totaling .81 acre), is being handled by an affiliate of Lincoln Property Company. The current owners are the ICP Group, which purchased all these properties in early 2006 for $9 million
, and had put them on the market earlier this year
, apparently without success. ICP are also the folks who tried to get the Admiral Condo project off the ground at Eighth and Virginia, but are now disentangling themselves from that project (now an office development) as well.
* Tonight (Thursday) is Tommy Wells's second Liveable, Walkable Community Awards
, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H Street, NE.
* Metro's live streaming of its board meetings seems to have been taking a lot of time off lately, so I can't yet tell you whether the Customer Serivce, Operations, and Safety Committee has approved at its meeting this morning the request to have a public hearing on discontinuing the N22 line
. (Even if they have, the request still needs to be approved by the entire board at its Dec. 18 meeting.)
, chock full of goodness:
* '09 Nats home games added to my GCal
. (You can add them to yours via the buttons at lower right)
* And I'm reminded that I haven't mentioned the Parsons sign up in the windows at 100 M
--they're leasing 30% of the building.